U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Fuel Cell Technologies Office
Annual Phase I Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Funding Opportunity Announcement
Funding: Up to $150,000 for SBIR grants and $100,000 for STTR grants
Open Date: 09/28/2010
Close Date: 11/15/2010
Funding Organization: U. S. Department of Energy Office of Science
Funding Number: DE-FOA-0000413
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) Program is seeking applications for its FY 2011 Phase I Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA).
Subtopics under the Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Topic are listed below.
Topic 3: Hydrogen and Fuel Cells
1. Subtopic 3a: Reducing the Cost of High Pressure Hydrogen Storage Tanks
2. Subtopic 3b: Fuel Cell Balance-of-Plant
3. Subtopic 3c: Hydrogen Odorant Technology
4. Subtopic 3d: Demonstration of Alternative-Fuel Cells as Range Extenders for Battery-Powered Airport Ground Support Equipment (GSE)
5. Subtopic 3e: Other – Proposals should address one of the four subtopics, a through d. However, the proposal can take an approach that is not specified in the subtopic description but that will still meet the technical targets, goals, or objectives, which are referenced in the description.
The FOA (PDF 477 KB) Download Adobe Reader on the DOE SBIR Web site provides details on the FOA and contains guidance on proposal submissions.
Funding amounts and schedules are subject to change.