Hydrogen Delivery Technologies
Funding: Up to $4,000,000
Open Date: 11/14/2013
Close Date: 02/14/2014
Funding Organization: Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Funding Number: DE-FOA-0000821
This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) supports research and development efforts to address critical challenges and barriers for hydrogen delivery technology development. The long-term goal of production and delivery research and development (R&D) is a high-volume hydrogen cost goal of $2–$4 per gallon gasoline equivalent (gge) (produced, delivered and dispensed, but untaxed) to allow fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEVs) to be competitive on a dollar per mile basis with gasoline in hybrid electric vehicles. More specifically, the portion of the cost goal apportioned to delivery is <$2/gge hydrogen. Innovative materials, components, and systems are needed to establish the technical and cost feasibility for hydrogen delivery. With this FOA, the DOE through the Fuel Cell Technologies Office (FCTO) seeks to fund hydrogen delivery research and development projects in order to move technologies toward reaching the hydrogen delivery cost goal of <$2/gge by addressing the cost of hydrogen compression, storage, and dispensing at the fueling station. The FOA includes the following topics:
- Topic 1: Forecourt hydrogen compressors for 700 bar gaseous dispensing
- Topic 2: Integrated intelligent hydrogen dispensers for 700 bar gaseous refueling of fuel cell electric vehicles
- Topic 3: Forecourt hydrogen storage at 875 bar or greater.
For more information, see the full solicitation.
- Concept Paper Submission Deadline: 12/9/2013 5:00 p.m. ET
- Full Application Submission Deadline: 2/14/2014 5:00 p.m. ET
Last updated: 11/15/2013
Funding amounts and schedules are subject to change.