Hydrogen Manufacturing R&D Workshop
The U.S. Department of Energy, in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Commerce, sponsored a Manufacturing R&D for the Hydrogen Economy Workshop in Washington, DC, July 13-14, 2005. The workshop brought together key industry, university, and government representatives to develop a roadmap for manufacturing R&D for: (1) hydrogen production and delivery systems, (2) hydrogen storage systems, and (3) fuel cells that convert hydrogen into electric energy. This workshop was conducted with support from the Manufacturing Research and Development Interagency Working Group, chaired by the Department of Commerce Committee on Technology, National Science and Technology Council.
The papers and presentations from the Manufacturing R&D for the Hydrogen Economy workshop are available as Adobe Acrobat PDFs.
- Roadmap on Manufacturing R&D for the Hydrogen Economy (PDF 2 MB)
- Workshop Summary Report (PDF 389 KB)
- Agenda (PDF 40 KB)
- List of Participants (PDF 57 KB)
- Manufacturing Research & Development of Onboard Hydrogen Storage Systems for Transportation Applications (PDF 1 MB)
- Manufacturing Research & Development for Systems that Will Produce and Distribute Hydrogen (PDF 370 KB)
- Manufacturing Research & Development of PEM Fuel Cell Systems for Transportation Applications (PDF 415 KB)
- The President's Hydrogen Fuel Initiative Plenary Talk (PDF 1.6 MB), JoAnn Milliken, DOE Hydrogen Program
- The President's Manufacturing Initiative (PDF 276 KB), Dale Hall, Interagency Working Group on Manufacturing Research and Development, National Science and Technology Council
Industry Speaker Talks
- The Road to Hydrogen - Challenges Ahead in Technology (PDF 680 KB), Rick Zalesky, Chevron Technology Ventures
- Requirements & Status for Volume Fuel Cell Manufacturing (PDF 1.9 MB), Steve Mallinson, Ballard Power Systems Inc.
- Status & Direction for Onboard Hydrogen Storage (PDF 1.9 MB), Andy Abele, Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide, Inc.