The primary strategy of the Advanced Manufacturing Office (AMO) is to invest in high-risk, high-value research and development that will reduce the energy requirements of manufacturing while stimulating economic productivity and growth. Opportunities exist for industry to participate in cost-shared research and development projects. In addition, AMO makes available information and resources on other financial assistance and research opportunities.
Advanced Manufacturing Office
AMO awards cost-shared funding to collaborative R&D partnerships that address top opportunities for saving energy in industrial distributed energy. Competitive solicitations are the principal mechanism used to contract for cost-shared R&D. Solicitations reflect the priorities of the program and selection of projects follows merit-based criteria that emphasize projected energy, environmental, and economic benefits.
For more information about AMO's R&D solicitations and those from other areas of AMO and DOE relevant to industrial distributed energy:
- Our active solicitations table lists all AMO solicitations that are currently open and accepting proposals.
- Our closed solicitations table provides a six-month history of requests for proposals that have been released by AMO and are now closed. When available, information on award recipients is provided.
Note: Official notices of solicitations can be found at http://www.grants.gov/. To view all current solicitations for the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, see the Solicitations for Business, Industry and Universities page.
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) is providing $256 million for the following industrial energy-efficiency projects:
- $156 million for combined heat and power, district energy systems, waste-energy-recovery systems, and efficient industrial equipment
- $50 million for improved energy efficiency for information and communication technology
- $50 million for advanced materials in support of advanced clean-energy technologies and energy-intensive processes.
Learn more details about ARRA funding:
- Watch AMO's active solicitations table
- Read a June 2009 AMO news article about ARRA funding
- Monitor www.grants.gov and FedConnect
For more information, please see AMO Financial Opportunities and the Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency (DSIRE).
February 12, 2014
October 21, 2013
September 9, 2013
February 26, 2014