U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Advanced Manufacturing Office
Recovery Act: Energy Efficient Information and Communication Technology
Funding: Approximately $50 million
Open Date: 06/02/2009
Close Date: 07/21/2009
Funding Organization: U.S. Department of Energy Industrial Technologies Program
Funding Number: DE-FOA-0000107
The U.S. Department of Energy Industrial Technologies Program has issued a new funding opportunity announcement (FOA) titled “Energy Efficient Information and Communication Technology” (PDF 192 KB) Download Adobe Reader. This FOA is supported with funds appropriated by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. The purpose of this solicitation is to encourage research, development, and demonstration (RD&D) of energy efficient information and communications technology (ICT) systems throughout the United States. The deadline for this opportunity is July 21, 2009, 11:59 PM ET, so don’t delay!
This FOA seeks to develop new technologies to dramatically improve energy efficiency in ICT with an emphasis on new technologies that can be commercialized within the next 3 to 5 years, and to demonstrate through field testing highly energy efficient, emerging technologies that are ready for or are in the initial stage of commercial introduction. Approximately $50 million will be awarded to projects under this announcement, and all funds are expected to be expended within a 2-year period from the date of award.
There are three broad areas of interest:
- Concept Definition Studies for Energy Efficient Information and Communication Technology
- Information and Communications Technologies R&D for Energy Efficiency
- Demonstration and Field Testing of Highly Efficient and Emerging Technologies for Data Center or Telecommunication Use.
Applications for this FOA should be submitted through FedConnect. Please access the information on this FOA by "Search Public Opportunities” and entering Reference Number DE-FOA-0000107.
Prior to submitting an application, applicants must first register with FedConnect. Applicants are encouraged to register as soon as possible in order to be eligible to apply for this solicitation without delay. Learn more (PDF 1.4 MB) Download Adobe Reader about submitting applications via FedConnect.
In order to register with FedConnect, you will need the following:
- Your company's Dun and Bradstreet Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number. Visit the DUNS Web site to search for your company's DUNS or request a new number.
- A federal Central Contractor Registration (CCR) account. Register at the CCR Web site before continuing with your FedConnect registration.
- Possibly your company's CCR Marketing Partner ID Number (MPIN). If you are the first person to register, FedConnect will create a company account and you will need to supply this number. To find out who in your company knows the MPIN number, visit the CCRWeb site and click Search CCR. Once you have found your company, locate the Electronic Business Point of Contact.
Contact the FedConnect Help Desk with any questions related to the registration process.
For additional Recovery Act funding opportunities, visit EERE's American Recovery & Reinvestment Act Web site and DOE's Recovery and Reinvestment Web site.
Funding amounts and schedules are subject to change.