U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Advanced Manufacturing Office
Industrial Assessment Centers
Funding: Each IAC is eligible for an award of $200,000–$300,000 per year for up to five years, for approximately $31 million in total funding for all awards.
Open Date: 06/14/2011
Close Date: 08/02/2011
Funding Organization: U.S. Department of Energy Industrial Technologies Program (ITP)
Funding Number: DE-FOA-0000490
This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) seeks to solicit applications to train undergraduate- and graduate-level engineering students in a range of skills that will help establish the nation’s next generation of energy management experts. The FOA will result in the selection of 20–30 universities across the country to serve as DOE-sponsored Industrial Assessment Centers (IACs), each eligible for an award of $200,000–$300,000 per year for up to five years. The IACs will provide extensive training for engineering students in industrial processes, energy assessment procedures, and energy management practices.
Applicants are requested but not required to submit a letter of intent by July 19, 2011. Letters of intent and accompanying abstracts will be used by DOE to organize and expedite the merit review process. The deadline for this opportunity is August 2, 2011.
For more information, see the full solicitation.
Applications must be submitted through grants.gov to be considered for award.
Prior to submitting an Application in response to this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA), the applicant should:
- Obtain a Dun and Bradstreet Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number, at http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform.
- Register in the Central Contractor Registration (CCR) system, at https://www.ccr.gov/.
- Designating an E-Business Point of Contact (EBiz POC) and obtaining a special password called an MPIN are important steps in CCR registration. These items are needed to submit applications in Grants.gov.
- Register in Grants.gov at http://www.grants.gov/.
- Register in FedConnect at https://www.fedconnect.net/; use “Register as a Vendor” link. To create an organization account, your organization’s CCR MPIN is required.
Contact the FedConnect Help Desk with any questions related to the registration process.
Funding amounts and schedules are subject to change.