Winter 2009 Issue of Energy Matters Focuses on Combined Heat and Power
February 2, 2009
The Winter 2009 issue of Energy Matters presents combined heat and power (CHP) as a clean, local energy solution for helping to meet the nation’s efficiency and emission-reduction challenges.
- Read this issue to learn about the basics and benefits of CHP, as well as DOE’s Industrial Technologies Program (ITP) efforts toward widespread deployment.
- Learn about educational and technical resources that the CHP Regional Application Centers offer to local and regional companies, and get in touch with your nearest center.
- A new ITP report answers the question, “What if 20% of U.S. power generation came from CHP?” and describes benefits and challenges of reaching this goal.
- Read about four CHP technology demonstration projects that are generating power and thermal energy for their facilities.
- Perform a step-by-step analysis to determine if CHP is right for your facility.
On another subject, learn about 300 companies recognized as champions of energy efficiency by ITP’s Save Energy Now program, and find out how your company can participate. Finally, our Ask an Energy Expert column explains how to properly design insulation and refractories for maximum energy efficiency in industrial systems.
Subscribe now to Energy Matters, ITP's free award-winning quarterly online magazine. Each issue brings you in-depth, practical information to help you save energy, reduce costs, and improve productivity!