Industries of the Future Plant Sites Selected for Energy Assessments
September 14, 1999OIT recently named seven industrial firms to receive plant-wide energy efficiency assessments. These cost-shared assessments will help the following manufacturers become more competitive through the adoption of best practices and advanced technologies and process innovation.
- Alcoa - Lafayette, Indiana
- AMCAST Industrial Corporation - Wapakoneta, Ohio
- Boise Cascade - International Falls, Minnesota
- Caraustar Industries, Inc. - Baltimore, Maryland
- Crucible Specialty Metals - Syracuse, New York
- Georgia Pacific Corporation - Palatka, Florida
- Inland Paperboard and Packaging Inc. - Rome, Georgia
- steam systems,
- electric motor systems,
- compressed air systems,
- heat exchange networks, and
- combined heat and power systems.
The completed assessment profiles will be published in hopes of motivating other U.S. industrial companies to adopt a comprehensive, plant-wide systems approach to increasing energy efficiency and reducing environmental emissions. U.S. industry will benefit by the increased penetration of energy efficiency systems, increased industrial energy efficiency, productivity, waste reduction, and global competitiveness.
For a copy of the solicitation, contact: Mitch Olszewski. Supply him with your name, address, phone, FAX, and e-mail address. If you received the initial solicitation, you are already on the mailing list and will receive the new solicitation when it becomes available.