U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Advanced Manufacturing Office
State Energy Program Special Projects Award Winners Announced
September 9, 2005
The U. S. Department of Energy (DOE) recently announced winners of the State Energy Program (SEP) Special Projects solicitation, which will distribute $16.5 million to 178 energy efficiency and renewable energy projects in 42 states. Of these projects, 21 were awarded to State programs targeting energy efficiency technologies and energy management best practices in large industrial plants. The selected projects will promote industry/State partnerships and outreach activities to deliver information, education, and assistance to save energy and costs in energy-intensive materials and process industries.
Following is a listing of the State projects that were awarded funding:
Southeast Regional Office
- Alabama Dept. of Economic and Community Affairs: Industries of the Future (IOF) Industrial Energy Efficiency Initiation for Energy-intensive Industries
- Georgia Environmental Facilities Authority: Energy Efficiency for Fiber Board Manufacturing
- North Carolina Dept. of Administration: State Partnerships to Accelerate Industrial Energy Efficiency
- South Carolina Energy Office: Large Energy User Project
- Tennessee: Outreach to TN Manufacturing to Introduce Novel Energy Saving Materials Processes
For more information, contact David Godfrey, DOE Southeast Regional Office.
Northeast Regional Office
- Massachusetts Division of Energy Resources: Energy Efficiency Partnership-Outreach, Training, and Assessments
For more information, contact Stephen Costa, DOE Northeast Regional Office.
Mid-Atlantic Regional Office
- West Virginia Development Office: 2005 State Energy Program – Industrial Technologies
For more information, contact William Orthwein, DOE Mid-Atlantic Regional Office.
Midwest Regional Office
- Iowa Dept. of Natural Resources: Energy Efficiency Outreach
- Illinois Dept. of Commerce and Economic Opportunity: Manufacturing Energy Efficiency Program
- Indiana Office of the Lt. Governor: Industries of the Future
- Michigan: Michigan Dialogue to Reduce Energy Use
- Minnesota Dept. of Commerce: Energy Efficiency and Pollution Prevention for Minnesota's Energy Intensive Industries
- Ohio: Ohio Partnership to Accelerate Industrial Energy Efficiency
- Ohio: Lean Six Sigma Techniques for Sustainable Energy Conservation
For more information, contact Brian Olsen, DOE Midwest Regional Office.
Central Regional Office
- Nebraska Energy Office: Develop and Implement an Industrial Technologies Program in Large Energy Consumption Plant
- Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts: Education and Outreach to Texas' Largest Energy Intensive Process Plants
- Utah Geological Society: Outreach Activities to Help Utah Industries Identify Energy Efficiency Opportunities
For more information, contact Jamey Evans, DOE Central Regional Office.
Western Regional Office
- California Energy Commission: Industrial Energy Efficiency Technology Outreach, Training, and Plant Assessment Program
- Idaho Dept. of Water Resources: Idaho Partnerships to Accelerate Industrial Efficiency
- Oregon Dept. of Energy: Accelerating Oregon Industrial Energy Efficiency
- Washington: WA Dept. of Community, Trade, and Economic Development – Washington State Partnership
For more information, contact Chris Cockrill, DOE Western Regional Office.
For more information about the ITP Solicitation process, and current and future opportunities, please visit the ITP Solicitations Web page.