State and Regional Project Awards
State, local, and regional organizations in the public and private sectors can work together to help local industrial companies realize energy and cost-saving benefits by utilizing Save Energy Now resources. These partnerships help put energy-saving tools into the hands of plant managers and engineers, reinforcing energy efficiency as a profitable business practice.
The Advanced Manufacturing Office (AMO) provides Save Energy Now resources such as technical assistance, assessments, industry-specific guidebooks, and energy efficiency certifications and training to state, utility, and industrial partners. The AMO State Portfolio contains active awards for cost-sharing these activities.
The following documents are available as Adobe Acrobat PDFs. Download Adobe Reader.
AMO is providing funding for the development and delivery of industrial energy efficiency programs implemented on a local, state or regional level. These projects are aimed at delivering Save Energy Now industrial energy efficiency programs and resources to contribute to reductions in industrial energy intensity. In 2009, awards were made to the following 12 states:
- California - California Industrial Program
- Colorado - Colorado Industrial Challenge Program
- Georgia* - Southeast Industrial Energy Alliance
- Illinois* - Midwest States Save Energy Now Partnership Program
- Indiana - Save Energy Now Indiana
- Massachusetts* - Massachusetts Save Energy Now: State, Regional and Local Delivery
- Michigan - State of Michigan Regional Delivery of the DOE Save Energy Now Program to Meet the Goals of EPACT (2005) and EISA (2007)
- New York - Reducing Energy Intensity in the State of New York
- South Carolina - Save Energy Now - South Carolina
- Texas - Supporting Texas Manufacturing to "Save Energy Now"
- Washington* - Northwest Save Energy Now Industrial Efficiency Initiative
- West Virginia* - Development of a Regional Assessment/Implementation Save Energy Now Delivery System
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
AMO was able to expand its support for local Save Energy Now programs through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009. ARRA funding has supported 11 additional state awards and expansion of the five regional state awards*:
- Alabama - Reducing Industrial Energy Intensity in Alabama
- Idaho - Idaho Save Energy Now – Industries of the Future
- Kentucky - Kentucky Save Energy Now Program
- Louisiana - Louisiana Save Energy Now Initiative
- Maryland - Save Energy Now for Maryland Industry
- Minnesota - Implementing an Industrial Energy Efficiency Program in Minnesota
- Mississippi - Reducing Industrial Energy Intensity in the Southeast
- New Jersey - New Jersey Industrial Energy Program
- Ohio - Ohio Center for Industrial Energy Efficiency
- Pennsylvania - Save Energy Now! Pennsylvania
- Wisconsin - Expanding the WisconSEN Program
AMO has 23 total active state and regional Save Energy Now projects that are impacting 36 states across the U.S.