The Summer Issue of Energy Matters Focuses on Superior Energy Performance
July 29, 2009
Learn about Superior Energy Performance in the summer 2009 issue of Energy Matters! This new initiative provides a framework of energy management and system assessment standards to help manufacturers achieve continuous improvement in industrial energy efficiency. Read this issue to find out about:
- How Superior Energy Performance, a voluntary plant-level energy efficiency certification program for U.S. industry, can help your company reach near- and long-term energy-reduction goals
- Energy management and system assessment standards in development to support the program, including a new international energy management standard scheduled to be completed in 2011
- A pilot project currently being conducted in five Texas manufacturing plants to test the elements of the program, and an interview with Owens Corning Plant Leader Glenn Haley about his company’s lessons learned in the process
- A new international motor efficiency standard that is promoting energy-efficient motor systems worldwide
- A leading enterprise software company that has boosted cooling capacity in its data center and is saving $262,000 in annual energy costs in the process.
Visit the U.S. Department of Energy Industrial Technologies Program’s (ITP) Superior Energy Performance Web site, and subscribe now to Energy Matters, ITP's free award-winning quarterly online magazine. Each issue brings you in-depth, practical information to help you save energy, reduce costs, and improve productivity!