OIT Times: BestPractices Publications and Tools
September 24, 2000
BestPractices offers a wide range of publications and tools to help industrial plants save money, enhance productivity and system reliability, and improve environmental performance.
Case Studies document the results of plant assessments and demonstration projects. They highlight what some manufacturers have done to improve energy systems and the benefits achieved.
Technical Publications offer tips on buying, assessing, and maintaining industrial systems and components. Technical fact sheets, tips sheets, and handbooks give ow-todetails for increasing system efficiency. Sourcebooks are reference materials on industrial efficiency activities, resources, applications standards, and guidelines. Market assessments take a look at opportunities for energy-efficient industrial systems and components.
Software and databases help industrial end users discover savings potential through efficient systems management.
- ASDMaster assists users in the proper application of adjustable speed drives (ASDs).
- 3E Plus calculates the optimal thickness of industrial insulation.
- MotorMaster+ energy-efficient motor selection software helps companies manage electric motor-driven systems by comparing repair vs. replace options, savings analysis, and storage and retrieval of testing and maintenance data.
- Pumping System Assessment Tool (PSAT) software tool helps industrial users assess the efficiency of pumping system operations.
- The Industrial Assessment Center (IAC) Database contains efficiency recommendations made to small and mid-size manufacturers by 30 university-based IACs. It provides access to the cumulative results and knowhow gleaned from over 9000 plant efficiency audits.
- Training Materials include notebooks, CDs, and viewgraphs designed to spread the word about the benefits of industrial energy efficiency and how to achieve it.
More information on BestPractices tools and publications can be found at BestPractices web site.