New Resource: Steam System Survey Guide
May 13, 2002DOE BestPractices Steam program has developed a new technical resourcehe Steam System Survey Guide/I>to assist operations personnel and energy managers in identifying significant opportunities to improve their steam systems. Often operations personnel and energy managers are unaware of the opportunities available for energy and productivity savings in their steam systems, or they are unsure of the calculation procedures required to determine the savings opportunities.
The Steam System Survey Guide addresses five main areas:
1. Profiling a steam system
2. Identifying steam properties for the steam system
3. Improving boiler operations
4. Improving resource utilization in the steam system
5. Investigating energy losses in the steam distribution system
The guide discusses major areas where steam systems can be improved and outlines calculations that can be performed to quantify steam system improvement opportunities. Each section of the Steam System Survey Guide presents:
- A description of the focus area
- Opportunities for improvement
- Example calculations on how to identify specific improvement opportunities.
- A all to Actionaction items to investigate potential areas of steam system improvements.