U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Advanced Manufacturing Office
AIRMaster+ is a free online software tool that helps users analyze energy use and savings opportunities in industrial compressed air systems. Use AIRMaster+ to baseline existing and model future system operations improvements, and evaluate energy and dollar savings from many energy efficiency measures. AIRMaster+ provides a systematic approach to assessing compressed air systems, analyzing collected data, and reporting results.
The AIRMaster+ LogTool is a companion tool to AIRMaster+ that helps industrial users determine the operating dynamics of a compressed system. Use the LogTool first to gather critical data in preparation for AIRMaster+. Then, input that data into AIRMaster+ to model existing and future compressed air system upgrades.
AIRMaster+ is designed for personnel who are interested in improving compressed air system performance, including industrial plant engineers, distributors of compressed air equipment, consulting companies, and utility energy auditors.
AIRMaster+ will operate on the following PC's:
- 32-bit computer running Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8
- 64-bit computer running Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8
To use AIRMaster+, first enter information describing existing inventory and function for the following:
- Utility rates
- Compressed air systems on site and end uses for each system
- Typical operating day types
- Compressor performance and operating details
- Metered hourly energy use or air flow for each day type and for each compressor
Then, define proposed energy efficiency system enhancements such as:
- Reduced air leaks, system air pressure, or run time
- Improved end use efficiency
- Use of unloading controls and automatic sequencer
- Adjustment of cascading set points
- Addition of primary receiver volume
Based on input, AIRMaster+ allows users to:
- Manage multiple facilities and compressed air systems
- Maintain databases of plant inventory and industry-standard air compressors
- Simulate existing and modified compressed air system operation
- Model part load system operation for a variety of air compressors operating simultaneously with independent control strategies and schedules
- Calculate electrical operating costs and life cycle costs
- Evaluate energy savings
- Track maintenance histories of various facility, system, and compressor components
Version 1.2.7 replaces earlier versions of AIRMaster+ and corrects errors regarding Company files being saved; Company files are now written to each user's local interface under "My Documents" for all Microsoft operating systems Vista and higher.
DOE and the Compressed Air Challenge® recognize Qualified AIRMaster+ Specialists for their ability to use the AIRMaster+ software effectively with industrial end users. Used properly, AIRMaster+ is a powerful tool for modeling "what if" scenarios for possible improvements to compressed air systems. A Qualified Specialist can apply AIRMaster+ to assist you in identifying system improvement opportunities. More details on AIRMaster+ qualification.
More software tools