MotorMaster+ is a free online National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) Premium® efficiency motor selection and management tool that supports motor and motor systems planning by identifying the most efficient action for a given repair or motor purchase decision. The tool includes a catalog of more than 20,000 low-voltage induction motors, and features motor inventory management tools, maintenance log tracking, efficiency analysis, savings evaluation, energy accounting, and environmental reporting capabilities.
MotorMaster+ is designed for industrial energy coordinators, facility managers and engineers, plant electricians and maintenance staff, procurement personnel, and utility auditors who are interested in improving the energy efficiency of motor systems at industrial facilities.
- Windows 3.1
- 32-bit computer running Windows 95 to Windows Vista, (Windows 7 in XP mode)
Vista 64-bit and Windows 7 64-bit will NOT run MotorMaster+ 4.01.01 – MotorMaster+ International is recommended for these users.
- Facility and department information
- Utility and rate schedule
- Process-related operating schedules
- Motor inventory information, including motor nameplate information, operating profile, load status, and field measurements
- Life cycle economics, including depreciation method, costs, financing, electricity use and cost, and project life.
- Expanded list of motors, including NEMA Premium efficiency medium voltage (>600 volt) motors
- Analysis of repair vs. replace cost effectiveness for in-service motors in a facility
- Technical data to help optimize drive systems
- Motor purchasing information
- Energy and dollar savings, simple payback, cash flows, and after-tax rate of return on investment from using a particular premium efficiency motor in a new purchase or retrofit application.
- Energy accounting, conservation savings tracking, and greenhouse gas emissions reduction reports.
MotorMaster+ Version 4.01.01 contains an updated (2010) motor price and performance database for 60 hertz (Hz) motors. The new motors database contains information on over 16,000 NEMA and IEC (metric) Premium Efficiency, Energy Efficient, and Standard Efficiency motors. In addition, MotorMaster+ now displays the Energy Independence and Security Act (EISA) of 2007 mandated minimum efficiency performance standard bars (MEPS) for all covered motor classes. The compliance date for the new higher EISA minimum full-load efficiency standards is December 19th, 2010.
User Manual and Additional Information
- Fact Sheet, Aug. 2010 (Download Adobe Reader.)
- MotorMaster+ Software Tool Brochure, Dec. 2010
- User Manual, 2003
- Download Software