The Performance Management team provides the tools, guidance, and training necessary to ensure consistent and effective management oversight of recipient performance and consolidated reporting. Additionally, the team leads independent project reviews to validate recipient performance and identify common challenges and best practices.
Monitoring EERE Projects
PME, in coordination with the field and headquarters' programs, developed formal monitoring plans for EERE, as well as implemented a centralized system to allow for better reporting of monitoring data. Monitoring plans are seen as a "best practice" for management oversight of performance monitoring by the U.S. Department of Energy's Office of the Chief Financial Officer and Inspector General.
- Provide oversight monitoring of the EERE portfolio, including Recovery Act and Base Programs
- Monitor the project officers and ensure that projects are within scope
- Create and implement systems to track and manage project performance and create transparency from top to bottom
- Create and implement Monitoring Plans and associated monitoring tools and templates
- Cultivate EERE project management community of practice
- Verify and validate recipient performance and identify best practices and lessons learned
- Ensure project management practitioners have the necessary training and certification opportunities available to them
- Ensure all projects are managed by appropriately certified project managers
- Bulletin Board of Lessons Learned – The Bulletin Board of Lessons Learned page provides a place for citizens to learn about EERE's work monitoring financial assistance awarded under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, including best practices uncovered and lessons learned.
- Monitoring Plan – The Monitoring Plan outlines the monitoring practices to be implemented for the Research, Development, Demonstration, and Deployment programs.
- Appendix of Standard Reporting Questions and Templates – The Appendix of Standard Reporting Questions and Templates outlines the frequency with which desktop, project plan, and on-site reviews should occur and contains standard reporting questions for each review type. Additionally, it contains templates for project management plans and trip reports.
- Monitoring Plan for the Weatherization Assistance Program, State Energy Program, and Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grants – The Monitoring Plan for the Weatherization Assistance Program, State Energy Program, and Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grants outlines the monitoring practices for the Weatherization and Intergovernmental Program.