U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Office of EERE
Office of Information and Business Management
OIBM provides the foundation to propel the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) toward achieving its strategic goal of rapid and successful commercialization of EERE technologies. This foundation is comprised of meaningful portfolio management support, enterprise compliance, and an agile information technology suite of tools. This includes the following:
- Conducting assessments of EERE programs and management approaches and formulating findings, recommendations, and action plans to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of EERE's management of programs.
- Partnering across EERE, the Department of Energy (DOE), and industry to implement more effective portfolio, program, and project management.
- Implementing and adhering to program management best business practices to enhance EERE's ability to implement research, development, demonstration, and deployment projects by accelerating commercialization and maximizing deployment.
- Providing a systematic approach to the evaluation of work performed for EERE by the national laboratories.
- Providing EERE with an integrated approach to safety management and a proactive approach for compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act in partnership with the Golden Field Office.
- Ensuring the safety and health of employees, the work environment, programs, and activities in support of the EERE mission.
- Representing the Assistant Secretary for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy for all safety management functions and responsibilities.
- Developing and maintaining information technology systems, hardware, software, and associated policies that support the mission requirements of EERE in a cost-effective manner.
- Reducing ad hoc processes and procedures and providing more systematic management of program data, resulting in less time spent by the programs reinventing new reports for management requests.
- Ensuring the security of EERE information and information systems.
- Maintaining compliance with the Federal Information Security Management Act, National Institute of Standards and Technology Guidance, Office of Management and Budget, and DOE cyber security directives.