U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Office of EERE
Stakeholder Engagement Team
The mission of Stakeholder Engagement is to promote the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy's (EERE's) programs and initiatives through coordination and interaction with key external stakeholders, which include leadership regulators and governments, industry, think tanks, universities, foundations, and other institutions. The Stakeholder Engagement Team uses direct dialogue among EERE and a broad range of stakeholder audiences to create and coordinate opportunities to advance EERE's core mission.
Why it Matters
- We coordinate outreach among technology programs to ensure relationships are leveraged to the benefit of EERE's entire portfolio.
- We foster collaboration among stakeholders to identify challenges and opportunities for EERE technology deployment and commercialization.
- We collect stakeholders input and policy recommendations to ensure EERE's focus is aligned with stakeholder needs.
- We work with state and local governments and their respective national organizations to promote awareness of EERE's programs and technologies, as well as available technical assistance and funding opportunities.
- We work with our EERE deployment colleagues to identify potential "test beds" for emergent EERE technology deployment.
- We help create a cross-cutting understanding of EERE's technology offices and their relationships with stakeholders where one program's stakeholder relationship is leveraged to and for other programs, such as facilitating presentations on EERE's activities and budget request.