DOE invests in new ideas and solutions for the solar industry that integrate science, business, and go-to-market strategies. These efforts help spark the creativity of new market entrants and encourage existing market players to push the boundaries of our current energy landscape.
The rapidly changing nature of the solar industry requires active nurturing of new business solutions. To make solar more accessible for Americans, Solar Program efforts support small businesses and entrepreneurs in many ways, including:
- Developing data-driven tools
- Creating innovative programs
- Streamlining standard processes into best practices.
Below are examples of awardees, funded by SunShot, that are working to develop the following transformative concepts:
- Clean Power Finance (Incubator 6)
- Energy Sage (Incubator 6)
- Genability (Incubator 6)
- Solar Mosaic (Incubator 6)
- Urban Glue (Incubator 6)
These awardees are working to foster growth in the solar industry by expanding innovation beyond the laboratory.