National Administrator of the Solar Instructor Training Network
Funding: Up to $4.5 million over 5 years
Open Date: 04/21/2010
Close Date: 06/15/2010
Funding Organization: Solar Energy Technologies Program
Funding Number: DE-FOA-0000228
This project will select a National Administrator for the newly formed Solar Instructor Training Network that will act as a central coordinating body to perform the following main functions:
- Manage the collaboration of the Regional Resource and Training Providers (RTPs), coordinate their joint activities, and, where applicable, assist them in the completion of their project goals
- Work with a broad set of stakeholders to define, prioritize and address issues related to solar training and workforce development
- Serve as a national point of contact for the Solar Instructor Training Network, disseminating its products and conducting other communication and outreach efforts such as providing recommendations to stakeholders for the acceptance and adoption of best practices.
In 2009, the Solar Program created the Solar Instructor Training Network to establish high-quality, local and accessible training for personnel involved in the sales, design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of solar PV and solar heating and cooling systems. Awards were made to nine regional RTPs.
For more information, see the full solicitation.
Below are the steps to find the full solicitation:
- Go to http://www.fedconnect.net/.
- Click on “Search Public Opportunities.” Under “Search Criteria,” select “Reference Number.”
- Enter “DE-FOA-0000228.”
- Then click on “Search.”
Last updated: 04/22/2010
Funding amounts and schedules are subject to change.