SunShot Initiative: Reducing Market Barriers and Non-Hardware Balance of System Costs
Open Date: 05/06/2011
Close Date: 06/23/2011
Funding Organization: Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Funding Number: DE-FOA-0000520
The objective of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to significantly reduce market barriers and the balance of system non-hardware cost components of Photovoltaic (PV) systems. Under this FOA, DOE aims to reduce costs by improving information technology systems and streamlining building codes, zoning laws, permitting rules, and business processes for installing solar systems.
There are three main topics to which an application may be submitted under this FOA:
- Topic 1: Codes, Standards and Processes
- Topic 2: Software Design Tools and Databases
- Sub-Topic 2A: Utility-Scale Project Siting Tool
- Sub-Topic 2B: Plug-and-Play Tools to Facilitate Preparation and Review of Permit Applications
- Sub-Topic 2C: Database of PV Permitting Processes in Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)
- Sub-Topic 2D: PV System Verification Tool Sub-Topic
- Sub-Topic 2E: Utility Rates Database
- Topic 3: Regulatory, Financial and Utility Solutions
For more information, see the full solicitation.
Last updated: 05/09/2011
Funding amounts and schedules are subject to change.