U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer 2013 (Phase I Release 2)
Funding: $225,000 (Phase I) and $1.5M (Phase II)
Open Date: 11/26/2012
Close Date: 02/05/2013
Funding Organization: SunShot Initiative
Funding Number: SBIR and STTR 2013 Phase I Release 2
Congress established the SBIR and STTR programs to support scientific excellence and technological innovation through the investment of Federal research funds in critical American priorities to build a strong national economy.
The DOE SunShot Initiative (www.energy.gov/SunShot) aims to achieve subsidy-free, cost competitive solar power by the end of the decade. SunShot seeks proposals for the development of innovative technologies in the broad areas of:
- PV Module Degradation
- Module and System Manufacturing Metrology, Diagnostics, and Process Control
- Balance of System (Non-Hardware)
- Concentrated Solar Power.
For more information, see the full solicitation.
Below are important dates.
- Topics Released: Monday, October 29, 2012
- FOA Issued: Monday, November 26, 2012
- Letter of Intent Due Date: Monday, December 17, 2012
- Application Due Date: Tuesday, February 5, 2013
- Award Notification Date: Late April 2013
- Start of Grant Budget Period: Early June 2013
Funding amounts and schedules are subject to change.