2013 DOE Sustainability Awards
Thank you for using the DOE Sustainability Awards Database to submit nominations for the 2013 DOE Sustainability Awards. The nomination period is now closed, and judges are evaluating award submissions. Winners will be announced in the fall. Contact email@example.com with questions.
The 2013 U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Sustainability Awards strive to continuously recognize teams and individuals for their outstanding sustainability contributions, including accomplishments in managing pollution, waste, energy, water, and vehicle fleets. Winners will be recognized in fall 2013 for their outstanding contributions.
Nominations will be accepted through the new DOE Sustainability Awards Database.
Get detailed information on the 2013 DOE Sustainability Awards.
The deadline for submitting nominations is June 28, 2013. To use the system, nominators must first create an account to access the database. If you have questions or need technical assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2013 DOE Sustainability Award categories include:
- Change Agents: Recognizes an individual who takes the initiative to foster behavior change in his or her immediate work environment, organizational unit, or site. Recognition will focus on efforts—large or small in scope—that advance one or more of the goals identified in the site sustainability Strategic Sustainability Performance Plan (SSPP).
- Exceptional Service/Sustainability Champion: Recognizes a demonstrated history of exemplary performance in leading implementation of sustainable practices while reflecting a comprehensive approach to energy and environmental management through innovative strategies, practices, and outreach.
- Greenhouse Gas Scope 1 and 2: Recognizes site greenhouse gas reduction strategies and management approaches that address Scope 1 and 2 emissions. The approach should exceed or supplement targets in the SSPP and emphasize a holistic approach to greenhouse gas management.
- Greenhouse Gas Scope 3: Recognizes site greenhouse gas reduction strategies and management approaches that address Scope 3 emissions. The approach should exceed or supplement targets in the SSPP and emphasize a holistic approach to greenhouse gas management, including teleworking and other emissions-saving measures.
- Renewable Energy: Recognizes outstanding achievements in planning, designing, and constructing renewable energy to replace or lower conventional energy consumption.
- Green Buildings: Recognizes site-wide programs and projects that promote comprehensive green building principles and demonstrate progress toward meeting the Guiding Principles for High Performance Sustainable Buildings. Projects should involve cross-cutting collaboration to support the DOE's commitment to reducing energy intensity and operating costs and meeting the Guiding Principles.
- Fleet: Recognizes comprehensive or replicable approaches to fleet management programs. Programs may be at the organizational, regional, or campus-wide level and should include cross-cutting strategies to achieve and exceed fleet goals.
- Water: Recognizes an integrated approach to water resource management and addresses all water types as potential resources (waste, storm, grey, etc.) and identifies opportunities for reuse.
- Waste Reduction and Pollution Prevention: Recognizes innovative and effective waste-reduction programs. Nominations should document waste diversion data and composting activities. The approach should exceed or supplement targets in the SSPP.
- Green IT: Recognizes exemplary performance in implementing green information technologies (IT), including power management, sustainable electronics acquisition, and data-center sustainability.
- Innovation and Holistic Approach: Recognizes innovative methods and cross-disciplinary research at the site level to support sustainability goal attainment.
- DOE Sustainable Campus: Recognizes a campus that has been designed or modified to promote sustainable operations.
- SustainABLE Communications: Recognizes successful and innovative communications and marketing strategies that promote sustainability goals, successes, and best practices.
If you have questions or comments, contact email@example.com.