New Vehicle Evaluation
This project involved conducting performance tests of new alternative fuel vehicles (AFVs) being released into the market and their conventional gasoline counterparts [project background (PDF 99 KB)]. The primary purpose was to provide consumers with information about vehicle performance, handling, and emissions. Data were collected and analyzed to generate fact sheets to assist fleet managers and general consumers in making educated decisions about purchasing AFVs.
The following documents are available as Adobe Acrobat PDFs. Download Adobe Reader.
Testing focused on:
- Vehicle Acceleration Measurement (PDF 73 KB)
- Braking Test (PDF 93 KB)
- Fuel Economy Road Test (PDF 95 KB)
- Rating for Overall Vehicle Driveability and Handling (PDF 86 KB)
- Emissions Testing - Federal Test Procedure (PDF 103 KB)
- Cold Start Capabilities (PDF 78 KB)