U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Vehicle Technologies Office – Advanced Vehicle Testing Activity
Hydrogen Internal Combustion Engine Vehicle Special Projects
The following documents are available as Adobe Acrobat PDFs. Download Adobe Reader.
An Alternative Fuel Pilot Plant and Hydrogen Internal Combustion Engine Vehicle Testing fact sheet (PDF 178 KB) is available.
Information about the testing of a prototype 100% hydrogen dispenser, which also blends in real time and delivers 15, 20, 30 and 50% hydrogen and compressed natural gas (CNG), can be found in Hydrogen, CNG, and HCNG Dispenser System - Prototype Report (PDF 409 KB). The dispenser fast-fills hydrogen fuels as well as 100% CNG.
Arizona Public Service Alternative Fuel (Hydrogen) Pilot Plant
- Arizona Public Service Alternative Fuel (Hydrogen) Pilot Plant Monitoring System (PDF 609 KB)
- Arizona Public Service Alternative Fuel (Hydrogen) Pilot Plant Design Report (PDF 1.5 MB)
- Appendix A: System Drawings (PDF 670 KB)
- Appendix B: U-1A Forms (PDF 1.7 MB)
- Appendix C: Gaseous H2 Piping Specifications (PDF 136 KB)
- Appendix D: Training Program (PDF 61 KB)
- Appendix E: H2 System Operations (PDF 216 KB)
- Appendix F: Flame Scanners and Sensors (PDF 213 KB)
- Appendix G: CNG System Operations (PDF 104 KB)
- Appendix H: Codes and Standards (PDF 93 KB)
Other Information or Reports
CARB Executive Order Exemption Process for a Hydrogen-fueled ICE Vehicle Report
- Main Status Report (PDF 175 KB)
- Appendix A and B - Roush Correpondence with CARB and CARB Executive Order (PDF 3.3 MB)
- Appendix C - Alternative Fuel Retrofit Systems Final CARB Regulatory Orders (PDF 20.0 MB)
- Appendix D - CARB Correspondence Concerning Experimental Permit (PDF 1.0 MB)