FY 2012 Progress Report for Energy Storage R&D
The FY 2012 Progress Report for Energy Storage R&D focuses on advancing the development of batteries to enable a large market penetration of hybrid and electric vehicles. Program targets focus on overcoming technical barriers to enable market success including: (1) significantly reducing battery cost, (2) increasing battery performance (power, energy, durability), (3) reducing battery weight & volume, and (4) increasing battery tolerance to abusive conditions such as short circuit, overcharge, and crush.
The document is very large; it has been divided into sections for easier use.
- Cover and Contents
- I. Introduction
- II. American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009
- III. Advanced Battery Development, Systems Analysis, and Testing
- IV. Applied Battery Research for Transportation
- V. Focused Fundamental Research
- Appendix A: List of Contributors and Research Collaborators and
Appendix B: Acronyms
- Disclaimer and Back Cover