Request for Information to Gather Information on Potential Wave Energy Converter Prize Administration
July 18, 2013The Water Power Program hosted a webinar on Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 2:00 PM EST to gather public input regarding possible approaches to structuring a prize competition for wave energy converters (WEC). The program is considering sponsoring a WEC Prize, to be administered by a third party that may have involvement in defining, developing, and advertising the competitive challenge, as well as involvement in the awarding of any prizes. The webinar provided the opportunity for interested parties to weigh in on the on both the structure of a potential prize competition as well as the technical criteria that may be considered in the evaluation of such a competition.
The webinar presentation, recorded proceeding, and minutes are available for download.
The program is accepting written responses to the RFI until 5:00 PM EST on Thursday, July 25, 2013. Written responses may be submitted by e-mail (WECworkshopweb@go.doe.gov) or by postal mail (address here; attention: Alison LaBonte), and should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Responses should be five pages or less in length;
- Electronic responses must be provided as attachments (in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format);
- The subject line should read “Wave Energy Converter Prize Administration (insert name/organization)”;
- Use 1-inch margins and 12-point font;
- Any entity providing a written response is requested to include the following information:
- Company/institutional name;
- Individual contact information (mailing address, phone number, email address);
- Facility location(s), including ZIP code; and
- Area of expertise/interest.
For more information on this request for information and how to submit written responses, visit the Federal Register announcement.