U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Water Power Program
Hydro Research Foundation Soliciting Applications for the 2012 Hydro Research Foundation Fellowship Program
February 22, 2012
The Hydro Research Foundation is soliciting applications from masters, post-masters graduate research fellows, or doctoral students for the 2012-2013 academic year. Students will conduct applied research in fields related to conventional and pumped-storage hydropower. Applicants must be able to complete their degree or post-masters Graduate Research project by December 2013. An academic sponsor whose role is to encourage the continual development of the student will monitor each Fellow. The student’s primary academic advisor for the research will be awarded $2,000 annually into a university discretionary account, for aiding in, and supervising the research.
The Foundation expects to grant awards by April 4th, 2012, for appointments beginning in June-September of 2012. Fellowship awards include:
· A living stipend of up to $26,000 annually.
· An annual tuition and fees allowance of up to $16,000.
· An annual allowance of up to $900 to be used toward university-provided health insurance.
· Travel costs to attend the annual Hydro Fellows Roundtable in 2012 and 2013.
· Fellows may be offered an internship position from industry partners that could result in permanent employment.
All application materials must be received by March 1, 2012. See the Hydro Research Foundation Website for application details.