Research and Development
The U.S. Department of Energy's Wind Program leads the nation's efforts to improve the performance, lower the costs, and accelerate the deployment of wind power technologies.
Learn more about the specific research sponsored by the Wind Program:
- Large Wind Technology
- Offshore Wind Technology
- Distributed Wind
- Testing and Certification
- Supporting Wind Turbine Manufacturing
- Resource Assessment and Characterization
- Renewable Systems Integration
- Environmental Impacts and Siting of Wind Projects
To learn more about the Wind Program's successes in working with businesses, industry partners, universities, research labs, and other stakeholders to improve the performance and accelerate the deployment of wind power, see EERE's Wind Successes Web page.