Guidelines for Home Energy Professionals Project: Benefits for Employers and Contractors
The Guidelines for Home Energy Professionals project fosters the growth of a high-quality residential energy upgrade market and a skilled, credentialed workforce. As a result, home energy contractors and employers can:
- Find, hire, and retain capable and committed employees who gain pride in workmanship through accredited training programs and professional certifications.
- Inspire customer confidence with employees who hold U.S. Department of Energy-supported certifications, standard work specifications, and accredited training.
- Define roles, responsibilities, and skills needed for energy auditors, installers/technicians, crew leaders, and quality control inspectors through job task analyses (JTAs).
- Collaborate with industry to help educate consumers and set uniform expectations for energy audits, scopes of work, and quality control efforts through standard work specifications that define the outcomes of quality work.
- Increase profits and reduce costs by delivering quality work by competent workers, resulting in improved service delivery, fewer callbacks, and reduced installation errors.
- Drive new business by delivering consistent, best-in-class performance that builds consumer value and trust.