Guidelines for Home Energy Professionals Project: Benefits for Homeowners and Consumers
The Guidelines for Home Energy Professionals project fosters the growth of a high-quality residential energy upgrade market and a skilled, credentialed workforce. As a result, homeowners and consumers can:
- Gain peace of mind and confidence in worker qualifications and their commitment to quality through worker participation in accredited training programs and professional certifications.
- Compare competing bids based on nationally consistent credentials for completing high quality work.
- Set uniform expectations with home energy workers and contractors regarding energy audits and the scope and quality of work through standard work specifications that define the outcomes of quality energy upgrades.
- Reduce energy upgrade costs and maximize energy cost savings by contracting quality work from competent home energy upgrade professionals, resulting in improved service, fewer callbacks, and reduced installation errors.
- Easily access credit for investments in home energy performance by finding qualified professionals who will install energy upgrades effectively.