U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Weatherization & Intergovernmental Program
Closeout is the process by which the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) determines that all applicable administrative actions and required work under the grant award have been completed. This process includes verifying that the following have been accomplished at the expiration of the acquisition or assistance instrument:
- All terms and conditions have been fulfilled
- All property issues such as inventory, equipment and vehicles have been resolved
- Intellectual property issues, including all patent and data issues have been resolved
- All required reports and other deliverables have been submitted to DOE
- Reconciliation and/or resolution of all required financial data and related information have occurred.
When all conditions have been met and the final cost has been determined, final payment can be made to the recipient and the award instrument may be closed out.
WAP Recovery Act Closeout Guidance
Here you will find information and materials dealing with various procedures and other topical areas designed to assist grantees in the closeout of their Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) Recovery Act Grant.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information regarding closeout procedures for the Weatherization Assistance Program, please refer to the WAP Recovery Act Grant Closeout FAQs or visit our comprehensive FAQ database.