U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Weatherization & Intergovernmental Program
Native Learning Center’s Training for Building Sustainable Communities in Indian Country
April 1-3, 2014
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Save the date for the Seminole Tribe of Florida’s Native Learning Center's (NLC's) upcoming training, Building Sustainable Communities in Indian Country. Please note there has been a change in the date and location of the training to April 1–3, 2014, in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Topics will include, but are not limited to:
- Sustainable Housing Practices
- Building Economic Opportunities in Tribal Communities
- Sustainable Community Infrastructure
- Alternative Energy Sources
- Building Strategic Partnerships
- Fundraising and Grant Opportunities
- Cultural Revitalization & Sustainability
- NAHASDA Essentials
- Crime Prevention
- Abuse Issues in Indian Country
- Youth and Elder Opportunities.
NLC, a program of the Housing Department of the Seminole Tribe of Florida, recipient of HUD funds, offers tuition-free training to Native Americans and those working within Indian Country. Our course offerings address the specific educational needs of Tribal members through best practices, which speak directly to Tribal communities.
Please email NLCTTS@semtribe.com or contact Staci Eagle Elk at 954-985-2315 with questions.