Photovoltaics for Residential Buildings Webinar
Watch a recording of National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) Senior Engineer Otto VanGeet's Jan. 25, 2011, presentation about using solar photovoltaic (PV) systems to provide electricity for homes. It's one in a series of Webinars to support state and local projects funded by Sustainable Energy Resources for Consumers Grants.
You can also read a transcript of the Webinar.
The resources and tools mentioned in the presentation include:
- Database for State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency
- NREL Solar Ready Buildings Planning Guide
- PV Watts: A Performance Calculator for Grid-Connected PV Systems
- NREL Solar Technology Analysis Models and Tools
- SunShot Solar Energy Resource Center
- North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners Resources
- Grid Alternatives Solar Affordable Housing Program.
Otto VanGeet is an expert in energy efficiency and renewable energy systems on buildings. His work primarily supports the DOE Federal Energy Management Program, but he has also supported municipal and state projects, including the San Diego Solar America project.