Monitoring SERC Technologies — Solar Photovoltaics
On October 20, 2011, Peter McNutt, an electrical engineer with the Market Transformation Center at NREL, presented a Webinar about Solar Photovoltaics and how to properly monitor their installation.
Some resources and tools mentioned in the presentation include:
- Field Inspection Guidelines for PV Systems
- Procuring Solar Energy: A Guide for Federal Facility Decision Makers
- Photovoltaic Power Systems and the 2005 National Electrical Code: Suggested Practices
- Inspecting PV Systems for Code Compliance
- Study Guide for Photovoltaic System Installers
- National Electrical Code (Article 690 – Solar PV Systems)
- State of Oregon
Peter McNutt is an electrical engineer with NREL. He has over 15 years experience working with PV systems, having spent many years deploying & monitoring PV systems from the top of Mount Evans, Colorado, down to the South Pole. Peter holds an M.S. and B.S. in Electrical Engineering from CU at Denver. He is a licensed professional engineer in the state of Colorado.