DOE Publishes Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for Residential Water Heater and Certain Commercial Water Heater Test Procedures
November 15, 2013
The Department of Energy has published a notice of proposed rulemaking regarding test procedures for residential water heaters and certain commercial water heaters. 78 FR 66201 (November 4, 2013). DOE has also issued a preliminary report summarizing the testing DOE conducted in support of the proposed rule.
- Find more information on the rulemaking, including milestones, statutory authority, rulemaking documents, and any other related rulemakings.
- All notices, public comments, public meeting transcripts, and supporting documents associated with this rulemaking are included in Docket No. EERE-2011-BT-TP-0042.
- Learn how to participate in the public meeting/webinar scheduled for December 6, 2013.
- Find information about how to comment on the rulemaking. The public comment period closes January 21, 2014. When submitting comments, please only reference the Federal Register version of the notice.
- Find residential water heater and commercial water heater product information about current standards and test procedures; recent product updates; waivers, exceptions, and exemptions; the statutory authority; historical information; and contact information.