Labs21 Toolkit Includes New and Revised Tools...
July 28, 2004
The Labs21 Best Practice Guides are one of several new and revised tools in the Labs21 toolkit, including:
- Labs21 Process Manual: This document provides step-by-step guidance of the design process for a highperformance laboratory, and includes a checklist of sustainable design strategies. It is especially useful for design charrettes.
- Case Studies: New case studies highlight the Nidus Center for Scientific Enterprise in St. Louis, MO, and the Donald Bren Hall in Santa Barbara, CA.
- Design Guide: A compendium of hierarchically organized references on energy efficient strategies, this guide has been updated with more than 120 new sources.
- Design Intent Tool: Includes a new template with the Labs21 Environmental Performance Criteria. This tool, with its automated report generation feature, allows a design team to consistently document and track design targets.
- Benchmarking Database: Now has energy use data on more than 40 facilities.
All the tools can be accessed at www.labs21century.gov/toolkit.