Predictive Modeling for Automotive Lightweighting Applications and Advanced Alloy Development for Automotive and Heavy-Duty Engines
Open Date: 03/22/2012
Close Date: 05/07/2012
Funding Organization: Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Funding Number: DE-FOA-0000648
The Department of Energy's (DOE's) National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) on behalf of the DOE Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE), Vehicle Technologies (VT) Program, is seeking applications that will lead to computational modeling advances and development of lightweight alloys for lightweighting and propulsion applications. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) includes three (3) Areas of Interest; Area of Interest 3 includes two (2) subtopics. Areas of Interest are indentified below:
- Area of Interest 1: Predictive Engineering Tools for Injection Molded Long Carbon Fiber Thermoplastic Composites
- Area of Interest 2: Integrated Computation Materials Engineering (ICME) Development of Advanced Steel for Lightweight Vehicles
- Area of Interest 3: Advanced Alloy Development for Automotive and Heavy-Duty Engines
- 3a) Lightweight Cast Alloy Development for Light Duty Automotive Engine Applications
- 3b) High Strength Cast Alloy Development for Heavy-Duty On-Road Engine Applications
For more information, see the full solicitation.
Last updated: 03/23/2012
Funding amounts and schedules are subject to change.